pregnant guppy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubleguppy_2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
This isn't my first pregnancy but I bougt this female knowing she was pregnant and she's huge and has squared off or it looks like it. When shall I expect the new fry?
All my others did it while I was gone for the day. I put her in the trap to get a clear picture of her. I have a sep tank for her.

ForumRunner_20120803_210113.jpg

I'd say less than a week, she doesn't look fully squared off yet. But you never know I've had gups that dropped without looking even remotely squared :)
Best of luck with the new fry!

The breeder box can stress the guppy which can lead to stress and abortion! I say let it do it naturally and net the fry later or place more cover in the tank!

Yeah I had 3 pregnant guppies none had the fry though. But now I have this one! She looks so much bigger then my other too I'm so excited! :)

I know. I've taken her out I just couldn't get a clear picture to upload since I'm using my phone and put her in for a second to get a pic.

Its really cool to watch the live birth. Make sure she's in a place where the bigger fish can't eat the babies. Couple years ago my eel ate all of mine.

Back
Top Bottom