Pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well they were born 2 weeks ago, and there's about 25 now. Last time my guppy had fry she only had 12 and they all lived to about a month and a half, then i had an ich outbreak and all the fry died.

Well they were born 2 weeks ago, and there's about 25 now. Last time my guppy had fry she only had 12 and they all lived to about a month and a half, then i had an ich outbreak and all the fry died.

Oh not bad. I had fry a year ago, like 10 of them as a year later I only have one who's survived. :)

I was really happy they all made it to a month and a half and then i bought a new female guppy, and it turned out she had ich, which killed her, the fry and 1 other female guppy that i had. But the other 6 adult guppies i had in that tank were fine and never showed a spot

I was really happy they all made it to a month and a half and then i bought a new female guppy, and it turned out she had ich, which killed her, the fry and 1 other female guppy that i had. But the other 6 adult guppies i had in that tank were fine and never showed a spot

Its my 1st time having guppies actually. The fry I had was from a pregnant molly I bought. Now I went to go try and buy a guppy and I though they were so cute I bought the pregnant female and I bought a yellow male.
She's very close to her due date I think bc she's so big but she still swims around pretty well but what's bothering me is that the male keeps chasing her around a lot. Is that ok?

Its my 1st time having guppies actually. The fry I had was from a pregnant molly I bought. Now I went to go try and buy a guppy and I though they were so cute I bought the pregnant female and I bought a yellow male.
She's very close to her due date I think bc she's so big but she still swims around pretty well but what's bothering me is that the male keeps chasing her around a lot. Is that ok?

He dot care how far along she is he just wants to get some. The female guppy can hold the sperm until she is ready to get pregnant again. They fan also have several births even if there is no male.

That's actually why you should have 2 or 3 females for each male guppy, otherwise the males can really stress the females out which can be detrimental to the health of the females. So if you only have 1 male and 1 female i would recommend getting 1 or 2 more females

That's actually why you should have 2 or 3 females for each male guppy, otherwise the males can really stress the females out which can be detrimental to the health of the females. So if you only have 1 male and 1 female i would recommend getting 1 or 2 more females

Thanks i think Ill Be doing that

Is she going to be ready any time soon? He looks so squared and like she's about to explode. What do you guys think?

image-1208019654.jpg

image-101110271.jpg

image-592042411.jpg

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom