Pregnant Guppy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DolphinMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone!! I got a female guppy and she is pregnant. But I am not sure about how long she has left till she drops. I hope you can help me with a time range. I do have pictures of her for you to see.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447630628.382009.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447630739.252687.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447630787.524145.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447630628.382009.jpg

Slightly hard to tell from the pics (I understand how hard taking pictures can be) but from what i can tell probably a few days to a week.

I could be wrong though so don't worry if she goes longer than that, like people how big they get varies between fish. Watch closely total pregnancy time for a guppy is about 3-4 weeks

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

When I see small silver dots (the fry's eyes) in the gravid spot, the fish usually gives birth in 1-3 days. You might not be able to see them depending on your fish's coloration, but take a look.

Imo you've got about a week before she drops fry. If she is young and still smaller then maybe sooner. Also younger females drop less fry the first few times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say a solid week mine always look as if they could give birth immediately but it usually ends up being another week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom