Pregnant guppy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toon.inc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought this guppy was pregnant not 100% sure now. She is just laying the the bottom of the tank barley moving and she appears to be breathing fast any ideas.

Attachments

• image-1078531489.jpg
    image-1078531489.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2139052668.jpg
    image-2139052668.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 75
Eh maybe not. I say this because I just went through this with one of my tanks. There is a possibility it's dropsy. Are there any other fish in the tank that are acting funny.

Still it could be they are but just haven't shown signs yet. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me. I would treat tank or wait to see what anyone else has to say.

Found her dead this morning everyone else is ok though

Ah sorry to hear that we'll at least you know now. Like I said before if I were you I would treat the tank. Dropsy is cause by many different things but once they start showing the signs it's already to late 99% of the time. I would get a broad spectrum antibiotic and aquarium salt. Antibiotic should kill anything that is wrong inside of them and salt is just all around good. Just make sure you do the right dosage and water changes every few days. But once again that's me other people will tell you different ways to treat the tank.

Back
Top Bottom