Pregnant guppy? How long? (Pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm pretty sure she's pregnant, but I have no clue how long she has been or how long left she has of her pregnancy, can anyone determine this? Thanks

Attachments

• image-929303277.jpg
    image-929303277.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3092607086.jpg
    image-3092607086.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 73
She's definitely pregnant you can see this because of the gravid spot (the black spot she has) just before she's about to give birth her abdomen will be in a square shape, if your tank has a lot of plants and ornaments the strongest fry will survive hiding in those places until they are big so that the adults won't eat them

She's definitely pregnant you can see this because of the gravid spot (the black spot she has) just before she's about to give birth her abdomen will be in a square shape, if your tank has a lot of plants and ornaments the strongest fry will survive hiding in those places until they are big so that the adults won't eat them

Thanks, so how far along do you think she is?

I'd say a week or two due to the fact that when she's close to giving birth you can sometime see the eyes of the fry

Looks very close to birth.. theb ottom of her belly will look like this \--) when she is ready to go.. id say about two weeks

Back
Top Bottom