Pregnant guppy problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClearVision94

Aquarium Advice Freak
My female guppy has been pregnant for quite awhile now, but she hasn't given birth yet... Does anyone know what's going on with her?

Im guessing it just takes time. She will only give birth if the conditions are right. One of my first guppies was pregnant and during the night she gave birth. She will most likely give birth when its dark. Im waiting for my guppy to give birth too. :)

Attachments

• DSC01263.JPG
    DSC01263.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 63
She isn't squared off yet, wait a few days and keep her stress free! Record date of birth to babies, and then expect more in about 28 days. My mama guppy gives birth every 27-28 days, you're might as well!

She isn't squared off yet, wait a few days and keep her stress free! Record date of birth to babies, and then expect more in about 28 days. My mama guppy gives birth every 27-28 days, you're might as well!

She's been like this for more than 28 days. However she might have given birth to 8 fry about 3-4 weeks ago but I'm not too sure because I have 2 female guppies. Her gravid spot did look a little less dark but she still has it. And there are no males present in the tank. I removed the one and only male about 2 months ago...

Sometimes they wait for the right conditions, is there a breeder or small dark cave in your tank? Also are there males around her? Doing some water changes are great to do while there pregnant, but never handle her with your hands when pregnant!

Back
Top Bottom