Pregnant Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeorgiHarnifish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
image.jpg

We are beginners in the aquarium keeping life and we are not really sure if he is pregnant or just fat?

Please help ?

Hi, welcome to the forum. Can't see too well here but the other one seems ok so going to go with pregnant. A side on view could help. Assuming a she :)

As long as the scales don't look pine-coned or ruffled which may suggest some internal issues.

image.jpg

Hello! Thank you for your reply!!

I think I've managed to attach a side on picture of the little fella...

But Oh dear... He... Or maybe she.... Is pretty pine coned ����
Like all of the scales are kinda puffed out.... But it's swimming around happily and seems active and its appetite seems the same as the other two �� I hope he's not poorly ....

Last edited:
Nevermind :(

Fatso died :(

Found him upside down under the filter this morning. Last night however... The Japanese fighting fish suddenly sort of turned on him .... Was chasing him all around the tank and flaring up every time he got close so the poor fella must have been exhausted. They've all lived peacefully until now and the JFF wasn't bothered by the other too orange Molly's? Very wierd ... Maybe fatso said something he didn't like?

View attachment 288340

Hello! Thank you for your reply!!

I think I've managed to attach a side on picture of the little fella...

But Oh dear... He... Or maybe she.... Is pretty pine coned ����
Like all of the scales are kinda puffed out.... But it's swimming around happily and seems active and its appetite seems the same as the other two �� I hope he's not poorly ....

I can't tell for sure from this picture, but I think that this is a swordtail or Platy, not a Molly.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Think we got dooped at the fish shop lol. Went to another one on Sunday and saw these little bad boys and they were definitely in a tank that said platys lol. Got some Dalmatian mollies though! They're a lot more sucky than the platys like they have longer lips?

My black mollies are like that. Would be interesting to see them interact in the wild and see what they get up to.

That looks like a pregnant variautus

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Pregnant Golden Panda Molly?

Hi I'm new to this site andi don't know if in doing this right. But i was wondering if my golden panda Molly was pregnant can anyone help me please. Thank you

Attachments

• 20160807_184039.jpg
    20160807_184039.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 59
Hi my family has a 60 gallon aquarium we have some tetras, two mollies, a black one and a small orange one. I always thought they were both females but our black mollys belly had been swollen for quite awhile and i am not sure if its pregnant or what fish could have bred with her if the orange molly is female?? Is my molly pregnant or just gotten fat?? Please help thanks!

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/134412995@N03/28955645115/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom