Pregnant platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrskater1999

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does my red mickey mouse platy look pregnant? If so about how long until she gives birth? I have had my 3 female to one male group for about two weeks. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-108926397.jpg
    image-108926397.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image-117314417.jpg
    image-117314417.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1987036766.jpg
    image-1987036766.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 72
I was told they can give birth about one a month. My tall fin did almost a month ago now, and looking like she may do so again soon.

Its roughly every 26-32 days (if I remember correctly). I have a nice little bunch of babies now (my first lot!) who are just starting to show their colour.

jrskater1999 said:
But is she pregnant?

It looks like it but if she shows hiding and an gravid spot then she is! You can probably tell when she is more preggers. :) good luck!!

Some say you can see black cluster of dots (the frys eyes) in the back side of her tummy. She also may plump up a little.

Last time mine picked a spot in the tank, and while she would still swim around, she would also lay very still in that spot. Also, looked like she was rubbing her belly on the bottom some.

She looks preggers to me too. But if she's only been in there with your male for two weeks she could have gotten pregnant before you got her and just not been showing.

She looks preggo, but about 5-7 days away from squaring off , since she is a darker color, you may not see a gravid spot. But you will have t o watch her shape alot. when they square off they will usually start to hide and find a good spot to birth . They may stay square for a week or just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom