Prego balloon molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got it a few days ago and theyr wer baby's in the tank when I bought this one, does it look it's pregnant?

Attachments

• image-1343256832.jpg
    image-1343256832.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 146
Looks that way to me but the pics not brilliant. If you could get a better pic I'm sure we could give you a definite answer

It is hard to tell from that picture. We really need a full body shot (the part we need to see is hidden).

Look under the bulge is there a little white dot? It's called an ovipositor (at least it is in female Bettas) that is the indication that indeed it is :)

Beware, if she is pregnant, it's very difficult for balloon mollies to give birth. The way they were bred, she might not survive.

She has the dot your speaking of. Too hard to get a pic tho lol. But there wer fry in the tank when I purchases her I'm assuming they wer hers? If so when will he give birth again? I got two of the babies when I got her and have them in a breeders net so when she's ready to give birth again I can put her in that to keep her safe. Also is it easy to tell between male and female? Because I purchased 2 more so I have a total of 4 + the 2 fry

John91 said:
She has the dot your speaking of. Too hard to get a pic tho lol. But there wer fry in the tank when I purchases her I'm assuming they wer hers? If so when will he give birth again? I got two of the babies when I got her and have them in a breeders net so when she's ready to give birth again I can put her in that to keep her safe. Also is it easy to tell between male and female? Because I purchased 2 more so I have a total of 4 + the 2 fry

That im not very sure about telling them apart but the dot is called an ovipositor, and that's where all the magic happens...I'll have to do a little research on the breed to figure out how long it takes to give birth! Ps-Congrats on fry and pregnancy

Well with my limited research on my phone, I found mollies stay pregnant for about 4 weeks maybe a little longer...how long has it been again?

It's been about two. And I found out how to sex them. I have 2 m and 2 f

Yep. I got one more today to make 5 . Its female. yellow and
White with black spots

John91 said:
Yep. I got one more today to make 5 . Its female. yellow and
White with black spots

Ooooh! Nice, no change in the pregnancy?

Not yet!

Attachments

• image-1501128303.jpg
    image-1501128303.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 87
I just added some balloon mollies to my molly collection and they are by far the easiest to sex. My female just had fry 3 days ago, he gavid spot got REALLY dark before she had them and she looked hug, she also hung real close to the bottom 2-3 days prior to dropping them. GL

Back
Top Bottom