Prego dalmatian molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mz CrackerZ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Someone please tell me she's ready. She looks like she's going to explode!!! She's hanging out at the bottom of the tank, she's not swimming around a whole bunch. Help!!!

Attachments

• 20140212_235656.jpg
    20140212_235656.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 77
Haha that's a balloon Molly. They are naturally that big. It's harder to tell if they are prego or not

No she is a dalmatian molly. She's NEVER been this large before. She gets a little bigger every month...but she is huge this time!

She's had fry before. She gets big each time but this time she's huge. She's never "ballooned" before. She's usually very slim and slender.

She's had fry before. She gets big each time but this time she's huge. She's never "ballooned" before. She's usually very slim and slender.

Look, she is a balloon Molly with dalmation coloring. I'm not saying she isn't pregnant but I can't tell if she is or isn't. When livebearers are almost ready they have what's called a gravid spot next to their anal fin.

It's black in color. That I know I've been watching her for a couple of hours now since I saw it.

It's black in color. That I know I've been watching her for a couple of hours now since I saw it.

Then she is close. She looks more swollen then normal. Add floating plants so the fry can take cover, turn the lights out and wait till morning. Do you have a tank to house the fry? Looks like she is gonna have around 50+

I do have her separated from the other fish. And yes I do have a tank for the fry as well floating plants and all.

Back
Top Bottom