prego platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoessand

Aquarium Advice Activist
Had her a few weeks now first time having live bearers is she going to pop? Of course now that I'm not trying to get picture she sits right in front lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120513_044745.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120513_044745.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20120513_044757.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120513_044757.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 107
  • ForumRunner_20120513_044826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120513_044826.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 109
She looks like she will have her fry in the next week or so.

She still hasn't dropped the fry she its holding onto them lol

Still hadn't dropped beginning to worry is it just a matter of patients or do i need to do something?

Just wait her out. She will often look ready to pop for several says before actually popping

Alright just getting excited first time I've ever had live bearing fish lol

I actually had your problem. I got the best result by moving her to a separate tank. I have a 5 gallon set up with a small box corner bubble filter, no gravel or lighting, java moss and floating water sprite.

I use the same exact tank water as the main tank with the only difference is water temp. After she was square I nabbed her and plopped her in the five. She gave birth about a day and a half later during early morning hours.

She had about 20 plus fry and I love that she isn't a fry eater!

By herself she isn't stressed by other fish, especially the male platy lol. Also the fry survival rate is higher than in your main tank.

ya i have a 10 gallon im cycling now but its not ready yet so i think when it is she will go in there if she hasnt had them yet but not sure if i want to do that though, i dont see much profit in blue mickey mouse platys <could be wrong> and i dont want to have tank overloaded with them either...

Still hasn't dropped I'm just going to leave her in the main tank and let "nature" take it's course.

She still hadn't had any that I've seen so i guess she is just fat or has parasite...

Back
Top Bottom