Pros on breeding bn HELp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi my female is gravid but each time my male chases her she runs away from the caves?:/

Hi my female is gravid but each time my male chases her she runs away from the caves?:/

Are you sure he doesn't already have eggs in there?
He will only let her in to spawn, and then he will chase her off as vigorously as he would anyone else.

No he aint in a cave he normaly goes round the caves but not inside but when ever he goes to try to chase the female into the cave she swims away

No he aint in a cave he normaly goes round the caves but not inside but when ever he goes to try to chase the female into the cave she swims away

My guys don't chase the girls, they are just Macho chick magnets ;-)
My guys hang out in their caves showing off their skills to entice the girls into their dens. Once in, they are not allowed out until the males think they've laid a sufficient quantity of eggs, then the girls are unceremoniously kicked out and told to stay out. Mine are common BN though- my orange spots are not permitted to repopulate until they are in their new tank lol.

Yep i allready knew that just wonted advice on to encorege them to breed

120 litre tank an with 1 lemon and 2 albinos juvis and guppies

Back
Top Bottom