Puffer Eggs ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
As you know I now have 4 Dwarf Puffers from yesterday and ....
Well I have just saw a male attack two of my other puffers. So I looked where the male was and there is a female with him so i looked closer and there are loads of tiny white dots and when I say tiny I meen realy small they are scattered on the sponge of the sponge filter. The male and female are circling the sponge now. Are they eggs they are about 1mm. I thing is I only added the females yesterday. :eek:

So do you think these are eggs ?

Well One puffer has just chased the other one away and I took some pic's I still am not sure if they are eggs or not.

I am very sorry about the quality of pics and the white dots are not very visible on the images. :(
These things are fully white if they were eggs shouldnt they be more transparent?

Sorry for taking so long to reply Steve!
It's not necessarily a spawn, dwarf puffers are generally that aggressive to each other and even to their mates aside from spawning. It would be best to have one pair in the tank and that's all. They're an egg scatterer, and spawn like killies in java moss, or thick vegetation. You will know for sure when a pair spawns there will be 30-40 eggs visible within the plants you see them guarding. It's very possible that was a spawn though, just not likely after only adding the females after one day.

My puffer lost weight...

Whats up guys. Im kinda new to this forum and i had a question about my puffer. I have a brackish spotted puffer and when i bought it, it was kinda chubby as i thought a puffer should be. about a day went by and it's stomach was a little distended and lumpy. Today it is significantly smaller and no lumps and there is just a slight slimy film on my tank rocks. my question is... did it possibly lay eggs and... if so do you think my blue acardia cichlid ate them?

Back
Top Bottom