Question about grow out tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clayman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bunch of peacock Gudgeon fry that I plan out putting in my 20 gallon tank to grow out some more. The question is about preping this tank. The tank is a regular 20g and it is lightly planted with low light plants and a piece of driftwood. It is empty now but as of yesterday I had a single convict that I rescued. Now that I found a home for him I can move the fry from my 10g hatching tank to the 20. Would it be recommended to clean and sterilize the 20 or should I just go ahead an acclimate the fry to it? It has pfs sub and two hobs for filtration. Should I not grow them out in a planted tank and make it bare bottom? The fry are a couple months old as is.

"IMO"

If you think you may keep them or a spieces tank(decorated) is appealing then the risk of moving them in the tanks as may be worth it.I say may,was the convict healthy?
Now if you are growing out for sale trade then clean the tank and go BB.
BB stay cleaner then anything and are easier to clean.

The convict was to my knowledge healthy. He was colored up when I gave him away. Never seemed to have a problem with him. My thing is that I need to put them Ina bigger tank and this tanks is the one I've got available. I'd like to keep it planted cause it's in my kids room and it looks good. I keep the tank really clean, you think I could grow them out in it with it planted and still sell them, if I take proper care if the tank?

You could, but I would keep an eye out for uneaten food and turkey baste that stuff out. Some fast growing plants would help keep parameters in check. Oh and keep an eye on those params.

You should be able to do it though.

Back
Top Bottom