Question help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iankingace

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im worried about my dalmation molly im not sure if its pregnant or not but heres a picture. Its always in the bottom im scared on whether i should put it in a breeding tank because it might die. Is it pregnant and about to give birth? IMG_9277.jpgIMG_9279.jpgIMG_9278.jpg

She does look pregnant, but if she's hanging out at the bottom, I wouldn't put her in a breeder box, it'll just stress her out. If you have any plants, she might appreciate places to hide in the tank. Especially if there are males that like to harass her.

Hello ian...

I've found it's best not to move pregnant females. Rough handling can cause injury. Just keep the water clean with large, weekly water changes. Mollies require water that's essentially free of any traces of nitrogen.

Add some individual stems of a floating plant like Hornwort. This will help keep the tank water cleaner between water changes and provides added nutrition and a place for the fry to hide.

Feed all your fish a little more and more often. Well fed livebearing fish show little or no interest in the fry.

B

Back
Top Bottom