Question on Cockatoo Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im thinking of breeding cockatoos in my 40G breeder tank, probably with one male and 2-3 females. Currently, this tank is a community, with an angel, pleco, and 12 tetras. Would it be okay to use this same tank, or would they become too aggressive and hurt the other fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You don't have good chances of eggs/fry surviving in a community so I would recommend a second tank.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

You don't have good chances of eggs/fry surviving in a community so I would recommend a second tank.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Very true.

But what species are you referring to when you say "cockatoo"? Apistogramma? They can get very, very aggressive once breeding.

Eggs will.be tough to keep the pleco off, not impssible though. Fry will be pretty pretty tough to keep angel and tetras from eating. Get yourself a 20l and 1m:2f.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom