Questions:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fromthelbc

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gallon, currently, it has my own strain of guppies(too many of them), a breeding pair of sword tails, a peppered cory, and a handful of shrimp.

My female swordtail looks like she's pregnant, problem is, i cant catch her, because she's too fast, too many plants and large chunks driftwood in the way, and i have no way of separating guppy fry, from swordtail fry, let alone tell the difference because my sword tail is white....

....What do i do?

Let nature take its course.. It sounds like you have plenty of cover for the fry, and there is no telling what color the fry will come out. As they grow you will be able to tell the difference :)

alright, that sounds easy enough, but ive had my swordtail for close to 10 months now, and i havent had one sword tail, AT ALL...

try when the lights are out. many times fish will rest at the top of the water. also using 2 nets will help.

i came up with a excellent solution, i got a 10 inch net, and my tank is 12 inches wide. i filled the bottom of the net full of food, and wait for the endlers to swim into it, i was able to take a good 30-40 of them out, theres still a good 30-40 left, and now, i have about 120-150 endlers (red leopard/single dot/half albino/full albino/and a ton of other hybrids) in my 10 gallon, waiting to go into a pond...

Back
Top Bottom