R my guppies pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaymarie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I I'm new to fish keeping and I have done a lot of research but still unshore weather or not my 3 guppies are pregnant I'm 90% shore atleast one is but still not convinced and every page on web seams to contradict another please help

Attachments

• image-1344189160.jpg
    image-1344189160.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 156
Its a bit hard to tell from the picture. It looks like the 1 on the top left is, but it will get a fair amount bigger before actually dropping fry. When was the last time they were in contact with a male?

Thanks are these any better I bought them Sunday from a garden centre but noticed there were some males in the tank one has a bigger black spot and does look bigger in the belly than the other 2 I think the one with the orange fin is and mayb the yellow fin but not overly shore about the blue fin thanks again for ur help

Attachments

• image-2251497578.jpg
    image-2251497578.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 162
  • image-523024257.jpg
    image-523024257.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 192
  • image-2657070106.jpg
    image-2657070106.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 115
I do think the one with the bright orange/red tail looks a like she might be. The other 2 do not look pregnant, but there is a good chance that they are since they were being kept with males. Keep an eye on them and see if they start to get bigger. After being in contact with a male, female guppies can store sperm for up to 3 months. So, they may all have mated and time will tell if they are pregnant or not.

Thanks again for ur help much apreshated I gues only time will tell

I have two females for 6 wks thought they were pregnant has the spot but no babys as of yet. Have them in with males as of today good luck with the babys

Back
Top Bottom