Rabbit Snail gave birth..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spaullba

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello-

We brought a Rabbit snail home to our 20g tank a couple of weeks ago.

Today we noticed a small little baby snail in the tank. It appears the snail gave birth.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is anything special I should do here, or if I can just go about my regular feeding of spinach, algae wafers etc.

Also, we were planning to add a Bolivian Ram in there soon. Should we worry about it thinking the baby snail is food? We currently have it with a school of 6 Danios and 5 Amano Shrimp.

Fiancee is very excited by the cute baby snail; I am too, but also a but worried about caring for it..

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 57
Okay cool. We may wait in adding the larger fish until seeing if the snail births any further as I hear it is common for them to lay an egg every few weeks until they are finished, just to save myself the anxiety over the baby snails getting eaten...lol. If that sounds completely crazy then let me know and we won't worry about it.

Couple more pictures attached. Not the best quality but you can sort of see it's small head/antennae. =)

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 59
We had blue rams who loved eating out other baby snails but never touched the rabbit snails. Ours have babies every few weeks and have been going strong for months. I've sold some of them and given others to friends.

Back
Top Bottom