Rainbow fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed my autrailian rainbows doing the dance yesterday, so I went and cut some mops for them. They are using the mops but I don't see any eggs? Are they just really small or should I be able to see them without a doubt? I have 6 Australian rainbows Two males and 4 females.

May the force be with you.

Well I have some clear eggs but they are very small, are these fertilized?

I put the mops in a breeder box and they are still semi clear eggs. They haven't changed any.

I think they are fertile, but I don't know that much about rainbowfish breeding.

Fishobsessed7

Yea, there's little to no information out there. And all the info I have found is very vague. So I'm gonna just do what I feel is right and hope for the best.

That third link answered my question thank you.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419957088.508579.jpg These are a few eggs from this morning.

The older eggs have small dark dots in them I believe are the eyes.

You might want to get some green water to feed the fry, as they are really tiny!

Fishobsessed7

I've already started making the green water, I also went and got some hikari first bites for when they are big enough.

Can you get a hold of a micro worm culture. That would be a good second food for the fry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I might be able to, I planned on feeding baby brine shrimp also.

I'm not to concerned with the food situation. My biggest problem is where to keep the fry to grow them out at least until they are big enough until they can be with the rest of my rainbows. Right now I have somewhere between 50-75 eggs. And no free tank to put them in. I'm thinking of putting as many as I can in my neon only tank it's a 30 gal heavily planted with only 15 neons and some cory cats.

I woke up to 8 little fry this morning!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420211946.453256.jpg

Thanks as of now, I have 11 and I'll be putting them in a 10 with a sponge filter and heater.

Back
Top Bottom