Ram Sexing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hops2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm pretty sure I got 3 males (2 Bolivian and one Blue) but I wanted to see what you guys thought. And don't mind the nasty DW, it's new and going through the white fungus stage. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413666109.472596.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413666167.176926.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413666420.569294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any chance you can get a better pic of the GBR?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413667700.564796.jpg he's a tricky one to get a picture of. I'll try to get another one of you need it.

The blue?! Woop! I assumed male because his/her belly really wasn't that pink. What about the Bolivians? They still look a little colorless from the trip but one has a little pinker belly than the other. Didn't think it was a huge difference so assumed he was male too.

The blue?! Woop! I assumed make because his/her belly really wasn't that pink. What about the Bolivians? They still look a little colorless from the trip but one has a little pinker belly than the other. Didn't think it was a huge difference so assumed he was male too.

Honestly have no clue how to sex bolivians, but the GBR looks like it doesn't have extra long 2nd and 3rd dorsal spines, which is the best giveaway that it's a female IMO. Also the belly looks a little pink, and my males have never had any pink in their belly.

Honestly have no clue how to sex bolivians, but the GBR looks like it doesn't have extra long 2nd and 3rd dorsal spines, which is the best giveaway that it's a female IMO. Also the belly looks a little pink, and my males have never had any pink in their belly.

Awesome! This is my first try with Rams. I'm excited to see how they turn out. Thanks!

Are they recently introduced to your tank?
If so it can take a little while for Rams to settle in and show their colours.

How is this for beautiful... that's my female...
1413670340203.jpg

Yeah, they were just put in last night. After doing some more research I'm pretty sure that I have a female GBR and one male one female Bolivian. The biggest factor for the Bolivians are the vents. Which know brings me to another question. The GBR and the male Bolivian seem to be pairing and the female bolivian is chased off a little. Should I get a male GBR to stop the pair of the GBR and Bolivian or would that be a recipe for disaster?

Hold a picture of Kate Upton to the glass and see what happens:) pretty sure you have to vent them, pm gillie or mog..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She looks good but you can definitely tell she's a female with those dorsal Rays and the slight pink on her belly.

My male has no blue color over the "fake eye" on his side.

I have no idea why my phone typed confusing. I ment beautiful

Back
Top Bottom