Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found a breeding pair of German blue rams as was tempted to buy them, what are some things to know when it comes to breeding them?

I found a breeding pair of German blue rams as was tempted to buy them, what are some things to know when it comes to breeding them?

They will become VERY territorial when they breed. Watch out for aggression towards the other fish

Soft water, 82+ degrees, hiding spots, and flat surface or fine substrate (to dig for eggs).

Soft water, 82+ degrees, hiding spots, and flat surface or fine substrate (to dig for eggs).

82F is not completely necessary, they can thrive at 78. They also can BREED in hard water, as long as it is clean.

What do you mean by tank footprint?

A tanks footprint is its dimensions, mainly focusing on length and widtg. Obviously since fish swim horizontally, vertical space does not give them as much room as horizontal space would.

82F is not completely necessary, they can thrive at 78. They also can BREED in hard water, as long as it is clean.

A tanks footprint is its dimensions, mainly focusing on length and widtg. Obviously since fish swim horizontally, vertical space does not give them as much room as horizontal space would.

Yeah but why keep them at the lowest temperature? Plus depends on the stock you recieve, their sensitivity differs for every keeper so I think it's safer to be above 80 degrees. But sure they CAN live I'm lower temps but I think you'd have better breeding success in the 80's

Yeah but why keep them at the lowest temperature? Plus depends on the stock you recieve, their sensitivity differs for every keeper so I think it's safer to be above 80 degrees. But sure they CAN live I'm lower temps but I think you'd have better breeding success in the 80's

Maybe the other fish wont tolerate 82. It is very possible to get them to frequently spawn in 78, so while 82F may be 'better,' it is by no means necessary for just keeping them OR breeding them.

Eh, tomatoe tomAto. I'm just going off of the finicky rams I've had experience with.

Back
Top Bottom