Rams breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
my German blue rams have been acting a little strange lately. it reminded me alot of when my angels were getting ready to breed. they are fighting with each other and chasing off any fish that comes close to them. the weird part is that they haven't chosen a "spot" yet.
sometimes they are by my small piece of DW and other times they are under/in my large amazon sward plant.
i have only seen them lip-lock once but look like they are trying to all the time.
the female has a large pink belly and as for the male...he is getting an odd lump on his head it dosen"t look too severe as i am not treating it.
Does this mean they are breeding?
what should i do?

pics soon...:D

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Lmao!!! ;D so what I thought was 1 pair swimming back and forth is actuall 2 pairs...both pairs look almost identical so thats why I got them mixed up....but I have 1 pair on the left side of my tank near my Anabus nana(will refer to as pair 1)and the other pair on a dead amazon sward plant leaf I left in for looks(pair 2).!!!!!
Pair 1 is right now cleaning the Anabus leaf
While pair 2 is chasing away tankmates. They haven't got to the "cleaning stage "yet

Both females have their breeding tubes out but only pair 1's male has a small one,..

Thanks!! Came back home today and pair 1 has layed eggs!!!;)
I'm so happy!!!

image-2323916240.jpg

image-1523930796.jpg

Does this seem like a lot of eggs for a first time pair??

I haven't the slightest idea, honestly, as mine have never spawned!!! My female hasn't matured yet ;)

As far as I can tell it looks like a healthy amount! Those little guys were busy, haha :D

Keep updates coming, I'd like to follow along with you, as I'm hoping mine will pair off soon ;)

the first batch is usually eaten. they eat the eggs of unfertile as well as unhealthy eggs. the first 1-3 batches usually dont make it but they will be great parents someday :)

Back
Top Bottom