Ramshorn snails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might want 2 check local ordinances. I know in maine where i live its illegal 2 sell snails

During feeding time, only pay attention to what the fish will eat. The snails will clean up whatever the the fish misses. They also eat algae and other stuffs in the tank, so there's always plenty food around for the snails. This way you can keep the snail population under control and still see thriving snails.

Can anyone give me info on how to ship ramshorns?

Not sure about those cups but a plastic bag with a wet paper towel works well for shipping snails. Just the same bags you would ship fish in or get fish from a store in. Not so sure about shipping newborns but once they are about bb sized they should be ok to ship. Maybe at a few weeks old.

Not sure about those cups but a plastic bag with a wet paper towel works well for shipping snails. Just the same bags you would ship fish in or get fish from a store in. Not so sure about shipping newborns but once they are about bb sized they should be ok to ship. Maybe at a few weeks old.

Alright... I was thinking that the containers would be good. And they were cheaper. I might buy them and put some snails in them like I was shipping them and leave them in there for about 5 days(max time they would be in mail).

The problem with the containers would be the potential for leakage. The bags can be sealed but the lids could come off of the containers. However I have successfully received rams horn snails in the mail packaged in a water bottle. The seller just took an empty water bottle, put a little tank water in it, and put the snails in. They all arrived alive.

The problem with the containers would be the potential for leakage. The bags can be sealed but the lids could come off of the containers. However I have successfully received rams horn snails in the mail packaged in a water bottle. The seller just took an empty water bottle, put a little tank water in it, and put the snails in. They all arrived alive.

I guess I could use a container inside zip lock bag.....

I didn't buy the containers I bought fish bags. They were 100 bags for $4.95. You can't beat that!

image-1441076368.jpg

I also bought these.

Back
Top Bottom