red dwarf gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I planned one day breeding these. I read up and found they like the water lever to be dropped and the male collects leaves and sticks them together with bubbles. etc etc.

I have them in my 45 gal tank and last 5-6 days the male has been a bit agressive no biting just charging anything and mainly the female. Today I noticed a collection of leaves in the corner I was about to net them out when I saw the male coming back and forth with bits of plant in his mouth to this corner and spitting them out with bubbles at this collection.

I'll upload a video later of him in action if I can make vista and my phone "talk"
I havent lowered the water down and was wondering whats the chances of the female spawning now? If she does lay eggs I will divide the tank for sure!

I'll upload a video later of him in action if I can make vista and my phone "talk"
QUOTE]
good luck with that lol...

i am interested in the breeding though. I have a couple gouramis, and i hope they will breed soon.

I was interested too but from what I read my 5g would be too small to do it so I'd have to wait till I could afford and find somewhere for the commonly recommended 10g for this purpose. What would be good if loads of you here told me of your successful breeding in 5 gallon tanks lol

Also my difference between what is recommended to get them breeding is they say to lower the water level to 4-6 inches to re-create the lower river/stream environment that they would have in the wild during mating season. I didn't do this but my male has other ideas lol

Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)- A Profile of the Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)

Back
Top Bottom