red needle looking thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethc418

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is a red needle looking thing coming out of one of my Preggo guppies ? Should I be worried is this natural is she almost ready to drop her fry? Someone help!

those are worms and can infect your whole tank. She may not even drop her fry because she is actually fat looking from the worms. I usually flush them because of the risk of killing off the whole population because from what i hear its very hard to cure

Ty VERY much don't want them spreading glad we cought it early :) Ty very much

You can treat for worms. NEVER flush a live fish, that's cruel and very inhumane. Once you've got them, you've got to treat the tank anyways, there's no need to euthanize a fish because it has worms unless you've failed at treating them and the fish appears to be suffering... jmo

If you have to put em down, I've read super cold, icey water is best, I've also read super hot boiling water, I'm pretty sure really cold water is best...but only. If u gots ta

I took her back to lfs I'm not sure what he did with her I don't treat my fishes bad :( and am in the process of treating the tank for worms. I hope they work idk what to do if not!

Back
Top Bottom