red wag platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i search forever trying to find good info on the red wag pregnancies but never find much when will mine give birth

Red wag is just like mikey, sunburst, orange, golden ect. They will square out at the bottom of the belly and also deliver at 30-40 days. Just watch for odd behavior such as long wrests more often, chasing other fish off from her spot, eating less in some cases.

these r all from a few days ago im not home now so i cant take any good ones

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121123_125028.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121123_125028.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20121123_125056.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121123_125056.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 85
She is deffinetly prego, do you have another tank or breeder you can put her in?hard to tell but she looks like she is about ready, it would be safer to put her in her own area that way you can keep a close eye on here, I usually transfer mine at her size.

Yes but if you you dont have a filter you'll need to go get a small filter for that size, they are quite inexpensive it goes completely in the tank with just the air hose coming out of the water that will put air in the tank as well. Make sure to put plants in for the babies to hide in (mother will eat them) I have not had a problem with rocks in the bottom with my babies medium size river rocks around the plants will also give them a better hiding area. Once she has had the babies put her back in the community tank.

thanks i also want to ask qhen to put the fry in my tank and what to do with them because my tank is pretty full do to the fact that i cant withstand my love for fish

I give mine to friends and you can also post them to see if anyone wants some. I have a LPS that takes them with very little credit but allows me to continue what I enjoy. I grind up the regular fish food and shrimp pellets with a spoon into powder and feed them that way if you go into my profile you will see my fry set up the larger ones up top and mid swimming are 3 weeks old. The ones on bottom are brand new.

she had babies last night i gave them to my grandmother and the mother is schooling with her freinds already

Back
Top Bottom