removing fry from tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feynman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of kribs that like to keep breeding. Unfortunately no fry have made it much past the point where the parents go for another spawn and start ignoring the older fry. I think my knife fish is getting a meal. Anyway, whatever the reason for their demise I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them make it into adulthood. So I'm thinking that a breeding net would be appropriate once they reach the age where they're fending for themselves. But, how in the world am I supposed to get the fry into the net? They are relatively small and there are a lot of places for them to hide from me. Besides completely taking out all my live plants and driftwood etc... how do people capture their fry???? :?

I used the hose from my gravel vac, and just siphoned them into a clean bucket, then dumped that into my fry tank. worked like a charm.
I do it the day after they hatch and are free swimming, since they'll pool up in a group. I got about 99% of them out of the breeding tank, and probably 50% of them survived and are getting much easier to find in the fry tank now (after 4 weeks)

Back
Top Bottom