Rummy nose tetra eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetcarolinex3

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a few of these guys to cycle my tank and then got more to make a comfortable school and they laid eggs within a day! This was very unplanned so I put together a tank to move the eggs too with what I had: 10gal, plant aerator, and the ornament that the eggs has been laid on. A few days later I switched my heater to the breeding tank and got a thermometer and the tank is about 86 degrees (same temp as when they laid the eggs) it's been about 4 days since they laid the eggs I'm not sure if if they didn't hatch or if I'm just not seeing them. What should I be looking for or doing differently? This is the eggs night four 6/2/14
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401774490.031532.jpg

You got rummy nosed tetras to cycle your tank? They're pretty sensitive fish.. make sure to keep a close eye on water conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You got rummy nosed tetras to cycle your tank? They're pretty sensitive fish.. make sure to keep a close eye on water conditions.

The tank is now cycled and they all were very happy! I liked that I could tell when they didn't like the water conditions.

Oh yah they'll stop dancing around real quick if they're unhappy. Glad you got through it well:)

Yeah they didn't hatch. My uncle works at the national aquarium and just stopped by. I scrubbed them off so they wouldn't cause any fungus and put my original tank back together. Maybe they'll spawn again.

Back
Top Bottom