SAE Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drjimmy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
Contrary to everything I've found on the web indicating that Siamese algae eaters don't breed in captivity, I have at least two SAE fry swimming around my tank. :) Yes, they are SAE, and not flying foxes etc. :wink: They are about 1 cm long already, and have apparently been hiding in a cave. My question to the group: what should I feed them, if anything?

Tank parameters: 20 gallon heavily planted tank, 2 months old; 2.5 watts/gallon, DIY CO2, buffered to ~7 with Seachem Alkaline/Acid buffer (San Francisco has very soft water). Right now there are only three fish, two clown loaches and a single SAE (no it wasn't a miracle birth, the second SAE died recently. :x )

The SAE were first to go in the tank, and I didn't feed them at all. They were happy eating algae. Once I put the loaches in, I started feeding shrimp pellets and occasional zucchini. Do the fry need more, and if so, what?

Thanks!
Jimmy

I have at least two SAE fry swimming around my tank

Congratulations! Could be a first in the hobby. I have no idea what else to feed the babies. I guess the standard fry food-- new hatched brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom