second round fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pongeer247

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm heading into my second round of guppy fry! I believe they will be here with in 2 to 3 days! I was only able to save 5 fry out of the first batch, so I'm hoping I can catch it in time to get the momma in the breeder before they come. Are there any specific signs I should be looking for other then squaring off? Also, how far along after birth can you sex the fry?

I guess the question I should be asking is what sign do I look for that clarifies the appropriate time to put in breeder box?

I have never been able to plan it just right, so i just try and save what I can when my female guppy drops fry. Hope everything goes well for you

So I'm heading into my second round of guppy fry! I believe they will be here with in 2 to 3 days! I was only able to save 5 fry out of the first batch, so I'm hoping I can catch it in time to get the momma in the breeder before they come. Are there any specific signs I should be looking for other then squaring off? Also, how far along after birth can you sex the fry?

Their behavior will be different a lot of times. They will hide at the bottom near plants. Some are a little aggressive when others get near them. It is different depending on their personality.

haha sorry about the conversation with myself. So theres no real way to judge the appropriate time to put them in? Im concerned only because Ive heard if you put them in too early it might cause problems.

haha sorry about the conversation with myself. So theres no real way to judge the appropriate time to put them in? Im concerned only because Ive heard if you put them in too early it might cause problems.

I always let mine birth in the tank. Less stress that way. I check for fry first thing in the mornings leading up to birth. They often birth at night.

Back
Top Bottom