Selectively breeding guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many 2.5 because if you are keeping two lines and choice breeding the females from line one need their own tank, the females from line two need their own tank, and the males from each line need their own tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So many 2.5 because if you are keeping two lines and choice breeding the females from line one need their own tank, the females from line two need their own tank, and the males from each line need their own tanks.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks again!

Forgot to ask about feeding! :facepalm: Would I just feed the fry powdered flake food? What about the adults?

For best growth, live culture foods such as BBS and microforms for all! Also blackworms and frozen foods.

Separating them won't stop them from breeding the females can store the milt for 6 months

The food is for all of them. In each 2.5, I'd keep your 3 best females for each strain and your two best males per strain so you can do different males with different females for each strain generation to keep out deformities.

Sounds good! I think that is all I need to know. If I think of anything, I'll be sure to ask!

I have had one which was about 7 months and that was based on the specific type, Cobra that had passed away and female was separated the whole time after that.

Holding is truly incredible!

Earlier I was referring to separating the babies as soon as you can tell which they are.

Back
Top Bottom