Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sewellia Fry

The other night I had shifted the Najas mass to one side to see how the java moss in the 20 high was growing and spotted an odd movement on the sand. Looking closer, I was pleasantly surprised to find a wee Sewellia among the cherry shrimp. I suspect there would be more, but the LDA-08's have probably been eating the eggs. Need to move them to another tank, the 20 was actually the QT tank at one time. Then some more fish came along and I didn't have another tank suitable or ready... Filtration is 2 aquaclears, 200 and a 100, along with an air-driven sponge filter. I think there are 9-10 adult Sewellia lineolata and reticulata in the tank, been there for months and it's impossible to get a head count w/out stripping down the tank. Also 7 LDA-08 uber-dwarf BN and uncountable cherry shrimp (started as a dozen or so a few months back.)
Pics (good ones at least) of such wee critters are hard to get with my autofocus point-and-shoot camera, but I'm too busy/lazy to buy another SLR and learn to use it.

For size reference, that's a small cichlid stone on the left and .5mm NLS Grow pellets scattered around the rock.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

How cool! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see growth shots.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com