Sexing angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah sounds like fighting damage.they should be fine, that fish could be constipated, or if there is an internal parisite, you should at the very least raise temp slowly maybe 85. watch them to see how they react, i also always added aquarium salt to my water changes, just a little. knock on would i havn't had trouble with fish diseases in a long time, sometimes hard to believe but if the fish is stressed because of tank mates or water parameters could add to the problem

Is this a cycled tank? It's unusual for u to have 0 nitrates in a cycled tank unless you have heavily planted tank? Do you use water conditioner when you add water? Melafix is a very light all natural med and doesn't do a whole lot if there is a serious problem like a parasite which white stringy poop Is a sign of :/ your angel looks slightly bloated in the pic I would do a big water change go to your local store and treat with API general cure I think that covers parasites If not API will have a parasite medication just follow the directions. You'll want to get on it ASAP.

I have an 8" airstone across the back plus another barrel that adds air to the tank. Currently have the new fluvalC4 filter that does sponge, angel hair, carbon and bio balls. I don't want them to kill my other fish either. This is why I posted asking sexes so I can try to seperate these 2 lol

My nitrate is 0-10ppm I just did a nice water change that's probably why lol. Yes this is a cycled tank and as I adde more fish I bought the bacteria in a bottle so my bio filter wasn't overloaded. Everyone else is great but these angels lately. How much salt should i add? It's a 55gallon and should I use sea salt or Epsom salt?

I used the melafix after the fighting just to help calm everyone down And hopefully help any broken skin etc. I am 100% picking something up for my buddies tomorrow just wasn't sure what. I have only ever had 1 problem in the past and that was my saltwater got ich :( other then that I've been a very lucky fish keeper lol

Tlc said:
My nitrate is 0-10ppm I just did a nice water change that's probably why lol. Yes this is a cycled tank and as I adde more fish I bought the bacteria in a bottle so my bio filter wasn't overloaded. Everyone else is great but these angels lately. How much salt should i add? It's a 55gallon and should I use sea salt or Epsom salt?

I always used aquarium salt I know others are aquarium safe but I don't know what ones are other then aquarium it says right on The box how much to add

Attachments

• image-2121867817.jpg
    image-2121867817.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2926493597.jpg
    image-2926493597.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 33
you will know if they are going to mate, they will get aggressive start cleaning an area by mouthing it and if one is reasy and the other not they will get aggressive with each other, had to seperate potential pairs before one gets killed. looking at your pic again if that is a female, the stomach looks pretty normal . my angels would look like that all the time when i fed them frozen bloodworms to promote breeding. but water changes are always a good thing, your nitrates if 0 is normal if it is cycled, my breeding tanks never had live plants in them for my angels, but good idea to try and find a remedy for possible parisites,

Yes I think the stripped is the female her papilla came out when all 4 were in the tank and it was a longer wider tube? No one else showed there papilla just it. It is also the fish that drives and chases away other fish when they come over by there wood lol. Oh and since i added floating plants for my guppies the marble floats right under with its nose pointed upwards waiting for the babies lol

the only sure way to sex your angel is to look under there bodies by there anil fins,the tubes which will start to show when they are getting ready to breed, the females is short and wide and the male is long and pointy, go figure, when i wanted to try to find out if my mature angels were male or female i would feed them the bloodworms, when there stomach fills up there tubes tent come out a little

Yea I swear the one that is stripped it was to long for a female lol but others say she looks like a female so that's the novice in me lol. These angels as well are about 2- 2 1/2 inch in body size.

little story.what had me breed angels is one time allooooon g time ago i bought five angels,i actually got two pairs out of them , unfortunatly the fifth wheel was killed, only had one tank so i put a seperater in the tank, they both bred successfully the first time, but i noticed the babies were smaller than the holes in the seperater, i waw shocked to see the babies swimming right through, i thought for sure that the babies would get eaten by the other pairs, but they didn;t know better, they would often run over and grab the other babies thinking they had strayed but they would bring them back to there clan and spit them out, pheww

Thank you. Did your angels have red in there eyes? These guys do during the day but when I just turned there light on the weird this is there eyes weren't red. Wow lol

yeah war damage, if i had fish that were injured bad i wold use mythane blue, had very good luck with that, the only thing is your water will be blue. if i had to raise eggs without parents tending them i would put a little mythane blue in with alot of airiation under eggs to keep any fungis down

Back
Top Bottom