Sexing Bristlenose Pleco soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm turning my 20g into a breeding tank for LF Bristlenose plecs. I plan on having it barebottom with a large breeding cave made of driftwood (killing two birds with one stone). After the eggs are laid I'm moving the female to the 55gal. The male will stay with them until they are marketable. Should I get a better filter than one made for a 20g? Also, what can I use to cover my filter intake so as the fry aren't sucked in? I won't be having a growout tank.

Thanks for any help.

I would get a better filter. I have a pair in a 20 gallon that i spilt to breed angelfish and... its a mess, my filter isn't the best. also i would do a sponge filter if you don't want your fry getting sucked up. I put a old t-shirt over my mechanical filter for the fry dont get sucked but i still get a flow.
also males have more tentacles coming out as the females have little to none

I would get a better filter. I have a pair in a 20 gallon that i spilt to breed angelfish and... its a mess, my filter isn't the best. also i would do a sponge filter if you don't want your fry getting sucked up. I put a old t-shirt over my mechanical filter for the fry dont get sucked but i still get a flow.
also males have more tentacles coming out as the females have little to none

Thank you. I'll use this when I clean out my 20 :)

Back
Top Bottom