sexing krib fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fesone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how big do they have to be before you can start sexing them ? i have a breeding pair and my first batch are now like 1 1/2 months old but i cant tell which are male and which are female... my pair is already working on there second batch i think i should have new fry by monday!! :p

i have no idea what krib are but i assume it would be the same for most fish. i recently had fancy guppie fry and it took me about 3-4 weeks to even figure out what they were. i am just now starting to be able to see differences in them for sexing reasons and it has been another 2 weeks probably. someone else might be able to give a better answer that has deeled with krib before but that is the most help i have for now

Well, I'm going to have to pass on this... I don't know the answer! BUT, have you checked all online resources? There are some good sites out there that might be able to help you... Here's an example. http://www.aquamaniacs.net/kribs.html Some help, but not exactly what you need. Do some more searches. I found a fair number of sites in a few minutes.

If you've already tried and have come to a dead end, I'd advise patience. It often takes much longer than expected to raise fry! "The fish are so small" we say... "their fry must grow really quickly." Not always the case. My zebra danio fry have been growing for 3 months and are still slightly smaller than their parents. And I feed them well with Hikari First Bites and Liquifry!

Congrats on the present and future fry!

i think i read somewhere that after they are about 1 1/2 inches you will start being able to tell the males from the females as the fins on the male are pointed and females are rounded.......krib is kribensis pelvicachromis pulcher :D

BTW congratulations!!! My kribs were by far my favorite cichlids i ever kept and were always flirting with each other just never got around to actually mating

Back
Top Bottom