Shattered tank and now babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McClapyourhands

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So a little over a week and a half ago my 10g tank shattered, with fish water and all inside. (It was a rather old tank and probably stressed.) In the mist of the chaos i turned to here to find suggestions on ways to save my 4 platies and pygmy corys. EVERYONE survived, with the exception or my poor platy who jumped out of my temporary tank.
ANYWAY, Today I was checking the water and adding a new piece of wood. When all of the sudden I noticed these little guys! Apparently someone had a few buns in the oven!
Immediately I moved them into a "breeding tank"(one of those little boxes that float at top. I also have "First Bite" food to feed them. Any other suggestions I would appreciate, considering recent events, I want to make sure they have the best chance of survivng. I have actually raised some fry before. 20170710_225713.jpg20170710_225635.jpg20170710_225622.jpg20170710_170341.jpg

Hi babies!!!

As soon as they can no longer fit in the adult's mouths let them out. You may not see them much, but they'll be happier.

If you have another tank, even a 5 gallon set it up and put the fry in there until they are big enough to go to the other tank with your adults

So here is an update on my babies, i have a total of 6! I just found another on in the main tank today. I was wondering how long I should wait before putting them in with the males. I hate them being in a small enclosure. I added some juvenile java ferns the make them feel more comfortable. I attached sone pictures.
I know the last one isn't a fish but i have a baby nerite snail who is helping keep there breeding tank clean.

20170723_194916.jpg20170723_125528.jpg20170723_194923.jpg20170723_194858.jpg
Hi babies!!!

As soon as they can no longer fit in the adult's mouths let them out. You may not see them much, but they'll be happier.

Back
Top Bottom