Short questions about molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daydreamer4186

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two 24 karat gold mollies (or at least that's what the store called them...is that the real name? they are black and gold/yellow), 1 male and 1 female. The female is ready to drop any day now (yay for babies!). I have 11 guppy fry already and was wondering if I can put the molly fry in the same tank with them? Also, do molly fry look pretty similar to guppy fry or do they look very different?

Haha Nevermind! My molly had her babies. She had 3 that I could see but only two were alive. I was hoping for more but I got two and I'm happy with that. They are alive and well and swiming happily with my 11 guppy fry!

i would wait for more fry to appear... they usually have alot more than that.... either that or the other ones got eaten.... HTH

Molly fry are a lot bigger and guppy fry are longer and slimmer. The molly fry most likely won't bother the guppy fry since they're too small to fit them into their mouths. We have molly and guppy fry in the same tank at school and have had no problems

She hasn't had anymore but she still looks kinda chubby. I'm wondering if she is going to have more later...but it's been almost 3 days. My other molly looks pregnant too (just got her the other day) so maybe more fry will be coming soon!

Back
Top Bottom