Should I breed my guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have males and females together you more than likely already are breeding them, they breed like crazy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I breed my five male guppies

And how to take care of the fry

Haha - yes don't do it... Lol!!

Nah they are fun to raise - I seperate my fry from the adults otherwise they end up as lunch for the big ones, they have their own tank, with a sponge filter, glass bottom for easier cleaning. I feed them finely crushed flake 3-4 times daily, and a night feed of baby brine shimp every mon, wed, Friday and Sunday and egg yolk the other days :)

Happy Breeding :)

How much egg yolk? And what sort of preparation is needed for it? Should it be cooked? And what's the point of doing that?...sorry just got a few guppies and doing some research

Hard boiled, it's good for growth.. It does cloud the water so I usually do a water change the day after, I usually make a paste out of the yolk and some tank water, then I give them about 1/2 a teaspoon. My adults like it too.

I'd imagine it would be great for all fry, I have only got guppy fry experience at the moment, I did give a little bit to my juvenile african cichlids one night and they seemed to like it, they aren't at breeding age yet so no experience there.

Back
Top Bottom