Should I try betta breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They initially showed promise but I've seen no bubble nests since then :( Something is up because this used to be my FEMALE'S bubble nest.
71435-albums12295-picture55666.jpg

Now there is nothing at all :/ I did change houses and have to move everyone over, the water here is different from the water at home in that tap water comes out at 0.5 ppm of ammonia but I treat it for the ammonia and cholorine before water changes :/ Maybe they're just sick of seeing each other haha.

They initially showed promise but I've seen no bubble nests since then :( Something is up because this used to be my FEMALE'S bubble nest.

Now there is nothing at all :/ I did change houses and have to move everyone over, the water here is different from the water at home in that tap water comes out at 0.5 ppm of ammonia but I treat it for the ammonia and cholorine before water changes :/ Maybe they're just sick of seeing each other haha.

What's a bubble nest ?

Sorry I never updated. I decided to call everything off. At the base of my Females tail it's swollen. It's not from an attack or anything but I think it's a tumor. She's healthy otherwise but I don't think it would be wise to breed. Plus, the two of them seem to hate each other. Not a single bubble in sight. I let my male sit in the breeding box because my female is so aggressive she just jumps out and chases after my male to shred him. He's got some ripped fins from that and so I'll be moving him back to my 3 gallon and that's where he'll stay.

I think I really lead you guys on with this thread haha. only to end like this.

Not every female will breed with every male. That's the just nature of this beast. :facepalm: If you do try again at a later date, keep us posted (y)

Back
Top Bottom