Shrimp with eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok my ghost shrimp has eggs and I want babies I have put her in a bowl so no fish bother her what else should I do

Unfortunately, I think it's more complicated than that. Check out this link and see if you can learn anything from it:

How to Breed Freshwater Ghost Shrimp | eHow.com

Her eggs may not even be fertilized. Do you have a male that has fertilized them? What color are they?

If you do get it to work, though, then awesome!

Unfortunately successfully raising newly hatched Ghost shrimp to their final shrimplet stage can be quite tricky you should have some java moss in there to give the larva some cover until you can remove the adult, then feeding them green water and hope they grow. You would probably be more successful if you raised them in a small pond where they would have all the cover and food they would need. If it's just shrimp in themselves you would like to breed Cherry shrimp are a much better option.

How do you tell the difference between a male an female also she was in a tank with 5 other ghosts I will get some moss and it's not really like a bowl it's short and long and the eggs are brownish tan

The females will get a greenish patch called a saddle, which is actually eggs in the ovaries right behind their heads, no salt is needed most Ghost shrimp are shipped in wild caught from Florida and they are a freshwater species and she will not die after the eggs hatch.

Back
Top Bottom