Silly me I think am a baby murder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmarcf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have heaps of baby Crimson spotted RBs (Melanotaenia splendida fluviatilus) and thought they would just live off a fry starter made from Aquasonic called "Complete Fry starter" Frystarter 250ml - Aquasonic

I didn't think of growing infusoria until today so using that is out of question (for this set of fry).

The problem is in Australia it's hard to get live culture sets etc. I have purchased some microworms starter kit should be here in the next couple of days but again it will be to late.

Is there anything else I could find them? Some of the fry a different size so I'm try crushed (almost like fine dust) Hikari Tropical food sticks to see if that works.

Also I have found this from the same company that makes the fry food I have Rainbow-Sup 250ml - Aquasonic What do you guys think of these product?

Thanks for any help

The frystarter should be fine and the supplement would be optional, but it really doesn’t sound like you are having problems getting fry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The frystarter should be fine and the supplement would be optional, but it really doesn’t sound like you are having problems getting fry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

O god no I have hundreds of fry lol :) They're just not growing. I have some spirulina powder someone suggested so trying that.

I think the biggest problem has I have not been doing enough water changes because it's so hard with such tiny fry. I heard a really good idea on a podcast that to use a sponge on the end of the hose as to not suck up the babies.

Plus the tank is a mess but don't want to siphon the bottom as the new borns stay at the bottom or so I have read.

Back
Top Bottom