Silver Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdaisy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some experience with guppy fry. But now my silver Molly has had babies. Some are white a few are a darker grey colour. ! Will they turn into black mollies? Or is there something wrong ?All my mollies are white so it is cool to see the fry different shades.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The Molly's need to develop their colour, you will see that gradually overtime their coloration will develop and they will be silver, some Molly's develop colour faster than others, hence why some are already silver and some aren't ☺️ I hope this helped

The Molly's need to develop their colour, you will see that gradually overtime their coloration will develop and they will be silver, some Molly's develop colour faster than others, hence why some are already silver and some aren't ☺️ I hope this helped

Oh ok cool thanks. I was kind of hoping some would be black. Lol ah well

Yeah some will be Dalmatian (black and white spots) if one of the parents are black

there are no garenties with genetics you may see some random color that you haven't seen in previous generations i am in the process of breeding a new variety i created and i didn't see the colors in those fish in the like 4 generations ive had them it just appeard.

Back
Top Bottom