Silvertip tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackblueangel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought three Silver tip Tetras on August 11. I notice i have 2males and one female. When can i Expect babies? i have a breeders net but right now i have 8baby Silver Dalmatian mollies in there I'm kinda hoping the female Tetra won't lay eggs any time soon so i can have her in the beeders net.

You need a spawning mop for terta for starters then you will need a lot of patience because it can take a lot of time. With the spawning mop you just leave it in the tank for three to four days if you see no wigglers then take the mop and give it a shake if you see none give the tank a clean.then try again for the results you want.once you have wigglers put them into a separate tank or into a breeding trap with so Java or Christmas moss.feed them micro worms or baby brine shrimp when a week or two old if they don't eat them stick to the micro worms if they eat them.best of luck Griffin

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought three Silver tip Tetras on August 11. I notice i have 2males and one female. When can i Expect babies? i have a breeders net but right now i have 8baby Silver Dalmatian mollies in there I'm kinda hoping the female Tetra won't lay eggs any time soon so i can have her in the beeders net.

Tetras breed much differently than Mollies do. Tetras are egg layers opposed to Mollies which are live bearers. The biggest thing with Tetras is that the eggs are sensitive to light so they are best bred in a separate tank with ambient lighting not direct lighting overhead. If you don't breed them in a separate tank, the eggs will most likely be eaten not only by the other fish in the tank but by the parents as well so unless you plan on doing this in the separate tank, I would not expect to see any babies in your main tank. It will be only by luck that any survive. :(

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom