Snail fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidbreeder321

Aquarium Advice Regular
ot home from skool and looked in my tank and everything was normal but a few hours later a few inches above the water line i found a clump of pink eggs and looked them up because they where out of the water(pretty sure cant be a fishes fry)and i thought it was pretty kool so if anyone have any information about snails and there fry plz help

Do you have apple snails aka mystery snails in the tank? If you have a male and female you will typically end up with eggs. If you want them to hatch carefully move them to the moistest spot possible above the water line. If not, remove them. Apple snails have a big bio-load (they poop alot) so if you don't have plans for the snails that could hatch, the best idea would be to remove the eggs.

Ya its an apple snail and the eggs are about 1 1/2 inches above the water line. And yes i do want them to hatch but i read it takes about 2 to 4 weeks before u should try to move them and i was planing on putting them im a ten gallon in a couple of weeks and see what happens because if i dont get them out before they hatch they will be eaten by my sm cichlids so if possible can i get spacific direction on doing this because i really want to try to raise some fry.

LOL

I use applesnail.net as my main resource when I need info on them. I haven't seen any egg clutches from mine as of yet, so that's all I can tell you ;)

Back
Top Bottom