Snail laid eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Georgia777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two apple mystery snails and the white one laid an egg clutch last night but was interrupted because my boyfriend thought she was just trying to escape from the aquarium so she ended up laying the rest in the gravel and they got eaten. We tried researching it since we've never had snail babies before but found mixed advice.
One thing we saw was that you should drip a little water on the eggs to keep them wet but other people said just leave them alone so I was wondering what you all had to say about it.
We also read that she will always lay eggs now and we will either have to destroy the eggs or sell them because she will keep having so many and I wasn't sure if that was true or not.
Any advice would be helpful to give these little guys a fighting chance.

Mine started laying eggs they're on their 5 th clutch, as long as it stays moist you don't need to drop water on them. Mine opened up in about 2 weeks and they dropped in the water. If you plan on keeping the babies you should get a cuttle bone to put in there for calcium so the shells develop and they grow. If you want to not have them scrape them off with a razor blade.

What is a cuttle bone? I would like to try to let them live but even if they do there's a chance my featherfin catfish will eat them as a snack :/

It's those things people put in bird cages for their birds to peck on for their beaks. They're like $3 for two of them.

Back
Top Bottom