So, my mystery snail have finally bred

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
FYI, they're in a bare 5 gallon (so that I can find and remove them easily) with some shrimp, will the ghost shrimp harm baby snails? I've been trying to get them to breed for weeks, and, well, they've breed. My LFS will buy mystery snails for a dollar a pop, and yesterday, I saw 2 egg sacks on my lid, and this morning I caught the snail in the act of laying 2 more sacks of eggs. So, I was wondering about how many snails are born out of an egg sack (rough estimate) and how long till I see babies. Also, how long does it take for them to grow?

They lay between 200-600 eggs, and hatch between 2-3 weeks, they tend to grow faster separated from the adults and they tend to get between the adults shells and eat the same as adults so far this is all I have learned hope this helps. Oh and no the shrimp won't bother them or visa versa.

Wow! You get a FANTASTIC price! Gods luck with the babies and do lots of water changes!

Well, its not all the snails, just the ones that are colored really nice, the wild strains they only take for free. They sell the snails for 3.75 a piece.

Can I see some pics I'm curious? I want to breed rabbits!

Back
Top Bottom