some good pics of swords are they pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you think they are pregnant??

• yes for sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nope just fat

• to soon to tell

• Total voters

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
img_883988_0_ef4eb6cef723ffc3ece66c48c20c5b0d.jpg

img_883988_1_0cf06beb6dc15917be93d84cf682a189.jpg

Its hard to say, have they gotten larger recently? I'm no expert and I don't even know if swords have a visible gravid spot or not but my guppies spot gets almost pitch black when they are pregnant. Also I've noticed that about a week before she drops she eats like a pig! :) Also, my guppies "balloon up" when they are pregnant. Looks like they swallowed a sugar cube when looking at her from the front. Really boxed shape to her belly.

Its hard to say, have they gotten larger recently? I'm no expert and I don't even know if swords have a visible gravid spot or not but my guppies spot gets almost pitch black when they are pregnant. Also I've noticed that about a week before she drops she eats like a pig! :) Also, my guppies "balloon up" when they are pregnant. Looks like they swallowed a sugar cube when looking at her from the front. Really boxed shape to her belly.

yes they have gotten larger not bunches but some, and I see the black spot for sure on the liter one the darker one I still can see it just not as out there...are there any sign I can look for to know its close?

those black spots are actually the frys eyes. The darker the patch becomes the closer the time will be. My mama fish always liked pooping a lot before she gave birth lol.

My mama fish always liked pooping a lot before she gave birth lol.

It may sound gross but I've noticed that too with my one female. She was actually dropping fry with some hanging out of her.

Back
Top Bottom