starting to square, how long left?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodiem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, my mickey mouse platy is pregnant, only had her for a week, she is really dark and looking like she is starting to square off but there is no gravid spot.
How long do u think she will drop?

sorry but no chance of a pic cos i am crap at taking photos lol!:smilecolros:

Thanks! Jodie

Hard to say. If no gravid spot and just starting to square off you probably have a good week to go.

I'd say at least a week if they are anything like guppies. You'll notice eventually, they will always seem pregnant! Compared to when I bought my two female guppies they look square but I'm sure they can't constantly be pregnant.. even though I've had three drops in 4 months. :)

Its weird but mine always poop a lot right before they drop. Maybe be a coincidence or not but they seem to always "let go" before they drop. LOL. :)

lol well mine poo all the time! dragging it behind them lol, one did give birth to my complete surprise 2 days after i brought them and it was my first fry ever and watched for ages and it disappeared and i have never seen it since and my mum and dad were searching for it for hours!! LOL but that is a differnt female to what i think is due soon! lets hope its not when im at college eep!

Back
Top Bottom