Sunburst wag platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper92

Aquarium Advice Freak
Giving my attempt at breeding some sun- wags. Wish me luck. Let me know if you want to see some pics of the baby breeder :D

I plan on adding thicker "hideable" plants for the fry and possibly removing the parents once theyre born. If the first attempt fails i'll just keep trying.

Attachments

• image-3922699329.jpg
    image-3922699329.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image-3528562983.jpg
    image-3528562983.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 162
Livebearers don't eat their young do they? I could be wrong, but that's just what I thought.. If I'm right then there would be no need to remove the parents. Sorry if I'm wrong, which I probably am! :lol:

Platies will eat their fry, they are not as bad as other live bearers. If they are will fed and cover is provided, some young will survive.

Since i have a male and female that always follow each other around like a selected couple, is keeping those two alone a possible breeding choice? Or should i get more females to give it more of a shot?

Yes you can move the parents back to the main tank. Generally extra females are added so the males have more than one target and the females can get a break. Once she gets round you can remove him and leave her alone in the tank until the young are born. Chances are good she is already with child, or in this case with frys.

I'm going to give her a few more days with him just to check out her stomach and hope they do something. If not then i keep waiting.

The irony behind my breeding attempt. I set up a seperate "breeding" tank for the pair that follows one another but now the females in the main tank are pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom